Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Careers

I went to college to major in Psychology, I got my bachelor's degree in Psychology, but I am ending up becoming a teacher. Teaching isn't terrible, I wanted to be a teacher for most of my life, it just isn't what I wanted to do after four years of schooling. I only student taught just to wrap things up with school and get a certification in my secondary education minor, but after that ended the ball just kept rolling...

I ended up with a substitute position in the district where I student taught (also where I attended as a kiddo) that doesn't even start until January.

Yesterday morning, I wake up at 11AM on a nice day off to a voicemail from the Education Center for my district asking me to interview for a newer position I call "reading interventionist for PSSA's"... I don't know the official title yet... I agree to interview, the money was a much better deal and I figured it wouldn't hurt to have a "somewhat permanent" position, and next thing I know 3PM comes around and I am in an office, wearing my suit, with the Principal and an Assistant Principal talking about the 5 W's and how every student deserves an education.

Something went right, and I ended up getting the job; they told me at the very beginning of my substitute orientation, which I still had to attend. It is very exciting, and I start in January.

I don't know how this all happened, but I am happy it did. Even if teaching is not the perfect career, this is a great start. I have two jobs, I am a "real person" at 22 years old, and I am beginning my career...

No comments:

Post a Comment